Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

109 point drop after rehab and deleted from report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 109 point drop after rehab and deleted from report

Asked Department of Education in the student aid chat. They refused to answer even a general question and redirected me to the servicer. They said they don't know anything about the loans. Yeah. Sure. 🤨
Message 11 of 23
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What does the National Student Loan Database website say about your loans?

The NLDS gives me a history of me student loans. What exactly am I looking for?

Business Cards
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know. Something that would explain why your new loan origin date is recent. Maybe something that says original loan balance and it's not the same as what your loans are currently showing as. I found another thread on a FedLoan Servicing rehab last year and they all reported new tradelines, but dated back to the loan origin.
This will all help if you need to do a CFPB complaint imo.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates?
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Libprincess: did the same thing or something similar happen to you?
Message 15 of 23
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Update. My score increased to the original score of 735-745. However, it dropped gain last week. Seems that after I inquired about the status of my loans for the purposes of inquiring a mortgage, the score dropped 109 points. The word deferment was removed from my account( I’ve been on a  income driven repayment program) and I have no ideas what’s going on.  I’ll try to post i

72106A7E-A45B-4FDE-8E9A-5985AF803E9E.png567F7D6C-6DBD-4C78-A858-A3AE00C3A533.png

Business Cards
Message 16 of 23
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

CA530821-F458-4E8C-A502-C62A3D0532B5.png5A43ADAB-1714-4409-B301-955991985942.png

Business Cards
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to get your actual FICO score. You can get a free 3B FICO 8 scores and reports from creditchecktotal for $1 trial. Credit Karma is good for general information purposes but those scores are not related to the ones the lenders use.
Message 18 of 23
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You need to get your actual FICO score. You can get a free 3B FICO 8 scores and reports from creditchecktotal for $1 trial. Credit Karma is good for general information purposes but those scores are not related to the ones the lenders use.

I did what you suggested. To my relief the accurate scores were shown.  Thanks !!!!E9C3FA2E-41DE-4713-97DE-A30190B9EDD0.png

Business Cards
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's great!!
As long as you don't have any open disputes, those should be correct. I'd there something different on TU than the other two? Sometimes it's something that hasn't fallen off or is reporting differently. Sometimes it's just the difference in CBs. Hopefully you find everything accurate on all three but it might be worth a look if you don't know.
Congrats on your excellent scores. 🙂
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.