cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 missed tuition payments + collections. Can this be fixed?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

6 missed tuition payments + collections. Can this be fixed?

Trying to help a friend fix her credit. She recently received a letter from a collection agency who is trying to collect a little over $5000. We pulled her three reports and found 6 missed payments. She said the amount which started at $4000 wasn't a loan (she has a bunch of student loans), She believes it to be for tuition. The thing is, she never saw a bill for the tuition. The collection letter is the first thing she saw about this. So now her report shows those six missed payments in a row along with a C. Is there a way to get the missed payments off of her report (it's just on EX). Now that it's in collections, that adds another layer. Without that, I would have suggested a pay for delete with the school. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: 6 missed tuition payments + collections. Can this be fixed?

Even though it's in collections, has she contacted the school about it anyway? 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 4
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

Not yet. I asked her to wait a few days while I research it to see if it might be possible to have those lates removed. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Not yet. I asked her to wait a few days while I research it to see if it might be possible to have those lates removed. 

That would be my first step. At the very least she'll find out if they can/are able to recall them from collections and be paid directly to the school. I would want to know why she didn't get a bill, maybe they made a mistake? It doesn't hurt to ask at this point. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.