Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day late student loan

tag
Icewater
Valued Member

90 day late student loan

Hello,

I had a 90day late added to my credit bureau,  for my student loan,but when I spoke to two different customer service reps today they said there isn't any reposts of any late payement since 2004 . Should I dispute the 90 day late. When it first occurred in 2019 I was told because I paid on August 31 which was on a Sunday that is why they reported late to the credit bureau,but both reps informed me that they show current . I want to dispute that is the only negative on my credit . Any advice will help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: 90 day late student loan

Where are you seeing this late reported?  You say "Credit bureau" but don't mention which one or through which service.
I would recommend you pull your three reports from www.annualcreditreport.com to see if that late is on all three.

It does sound like there was an accurate 90d late reported (you already lucked out that servicers don't report 30d lates and most don't report 60d lates)  - if you dispute it, it will stay on your file, and you risk getting flagged for inaccurate disputing.   All they will do is ask the servicer if it's accurate, and when the servicer reports it is, nothing will change.

Three questions:  Is this a federal student loan, is it paid off or do you still owe, and what servicer is it with?

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 4
Icewater
Valued Member

Hello

The 90 day late is on Ecperian Transunion Equifax I do still owe on the loan .I won't dispute but when I talked to customer service rep they told me they didn't see any late but I have several loans so maybe they were looking at just one loan . 
Thank you for your help .

Message 3 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

Yeah, sounds like the CS is missing it somehow. 

Best recommendation - since it's just a single late on a single loan, I would try a goodwill campaign with the servicer and hope for the best.  Legally they aren't supposed to remove it from your report, but I've had a servicer be super kind and drop things from my report before.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.