cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS/Conduent 60 day late help

tag
quietstorm300m

ACS/Conduent 60 day late help

Need some advice on the best strategy to take, if there is one....

A few months ago I was in forbearance with all of my student loan providers (Nel-Net, Naviant and ACS) applied around the same time.... Slip up on my part was not keeping track of the ACS forbearance end date which landed me with a 60 day late.... The day it hit my credit and I got the notification I called them to resolve the issue (payed everything to get back current) but of course they wouldn't budge on removing the 60 day late...

Now I'm not disputing that they did anything wrong by reporting the 60 day late because that was on me... Been out of my home for about a year now from the Louisiana flooding and been in the process of getting a new one so mail has been tricky and ACS morifed into Conduent...

Now my ACS/Conduent loans will be moving to Naviant probably next month.... What strategy (if any) should I take in hopes of getting the 60 day removed? It is legit so don't want to make matters worse.... Scores dropped to around 680 for all three....

P.S. I'm a veteran and was going with a va loan so I was thinking about a Goodwill using that angle.. Tried it over the phone but didn't work....
3 REPLIES 3
quietstorm300m

Re: ACS/Conduent 60 day late help

Also, If anyone has a good contact email or mailing address for an ACS angel I would really appreciate it.... Thanks
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Possibly requesting a natural disaster waiver of the lates......

You need some special and recognized exception, as derogs on federal student loans have mandated reporting requirements under the Higher Education Act, and thus are a bear to get any subjective deletions.

Showing that payments were late based on a natural disaster provision statute may provide an exception.

Message 3 of 4
quietstorm300m

Thanks for the feedback.... Yeah, I think I'm going to send out a few goodwill letters explaining the situation and see where it goes... I couldn't find much contact info for Conduent/ACS but my original loan holder is Chase for this loan that Conduent was servicing.  So I found some good contact info for Chase so I think I will start there... Been banking with them for years with no issues as far as banking services so I will give it a shot....

Thanks for the feedback.....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.