cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS question - What should I do?

tag
kittylover

Re: ACS question - What should I do?

Could anyone explain what GWing is? I've seen it on several threads but can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Message 61 of 130
o1977
New Contributor

GW means Good Will Letter.  GWing is when you write a company a letter to see if they will remove something as a good will adjustment.  There are example letters and more information on here.  Search for Good Will and the link will come up.  Good luck!

Equi:
4/9/10 = 521
8/3/10 = 564
9/16/10 = 578
11/7/10 = 612
11/24/10 = 641

Message 62 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently have been out of school for a semester. During that time I had some personal issues that I was getting resolved.

My students loans (1.5 semesters worth, about $16,500) became due. I wasn't working for a couple of months, and my first loan due was ACS on Dec 1st 2010. I eventually obtained employment towards then end of December and made my first payment to ACS on Jan 5th.

My other loans, through luck or God's will, didn't ever end up in the 30 day late status.

I am now current and paid ahead on all 4 of my student loans. A month ago, I became very interested in credit and got my credit reports. I had a thin, but completely clean history on my Equifax and Experian reports. However, my TransUnion report included the 30 day late from my ACS loan.

I have tried calling several times, but no one is able to help me.

I checked my credit scores and I have 698 Equifax and a 621 TransUnion. That one late had a huge effect on my credit score and I would like to get it removed.

If some kind soul would be able to PM me the information of the wonderful individual at ACS who might find it in her heart to fix the only problem I see with my credit, I would be eternally grateful.

Message 63 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update, I emailed the individual and it was forwarded to the VP (if I remember correctly) and she said, basically, "No, by law we have to blah blah blah."

I am going to follow up with some phone calls and more emails and I will update this thread.

Message 64 of 130
MortgageBound
Established Member

I, too, would like to have the ACS contace info. I have one 30-day late, I'm trying to get removed! Thanks for your help!

Starting Score: 652 EQ 3/2011
Current Score: 722 EQ 5/19/2011
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 65 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I'm new to the forum and found this thread particularly helpful.  I have been back and forth with ACS over the phone and the reps never seem to be able to help me.  I was hoping I could get the contacts for GWs.  I have a 60-day reported that I am trying to get wiped.  I was late due to the fact that I was in a back-and-forth with ACS over miscommunication of information while trying to get an incorrect monthly payment changed.  I called them a total of 12 times trying to get my account corrected by them.  During this time, my account was reported.  Now, I am in fine standing with them, but this report has already done damage due to their miscommunication to me.

Please, I would love to have the contacts to send off GWs.  Got to make things right!

Message 66 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please send me the contact info for the person that helped you at ACS.  I am in the same situation and would like to have some lates removed.

I am new to this forum and am overwhelmed by all the great info!  It is so nice that everyone is so willing to help other.  Thank You!!

Message 67 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you are still around this board. I would really like to know who helped you in ACS. I am trying to get my house refinanced after my divorce and my FICO is too low. Those late payments are killing me.
I appreciate your help.
Maria

Message 68 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea if they are still willing to help?  I have gone around in circles with Customer Service and I can't get anyone to listen.  I was even willing to submit the hospital documents proving my hardship.  If anyone has the contact information please PM me.  Thanks!

Message 69 of 130
Stx14
Established Member

Hey guys would it be possible to pm me that contact info as well. I would really appreciate it....thanks
Message 70 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.