Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES - Report Late right at 30 Days?

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

AES - Report Late right at 30 Days?

I’m so frustrated right now. After some financial difficulties due to medical bills, I’ve been fighting hard to get back on track. One of the issues is that my private student loans have high rates, so I’ve been working toward getting my score to a place for consolidation with a lower rate. Today, I discovered that I accidentally paid one of my loans at 31 days late. This was just a stupid, careless oversight on my part and I’m kicking myself. A 30-day late is going to mess up my score so badly - I haven’t had any late in over 2 years.

So my question is - does anyone have experience with AES late payments and know if they report right at 30 days or do they have any grace period? Am I probably going to see a 30 day late on my credit report next month or is it possible that it won’t get reported because it was so close?
Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: AES - Report Late right at 30 Days?

@MBOhio2 wrote:
I’m so frustrated right now. After some financial difficulties due to medical bills, I’ve been fighting hard to get back on track. One of the issues is that my private student loans have high rates, so I’ve been working toward getting my score to a place for consolidation with a lower rate. Today, I discovered that I accidentally paid one of my loans at 31 days late. This was just a stupid, careless oversight on my part and I’m kicking myself. A 30-day late is going to mess up my score so badly - I haven’t had any late in over 2 years.

So my question is - does anyone have experience with AES late payments and know if they report right at 30 days or do they have any grace period? Am I probably going to see a 30 day late on my credit report next month or is it possible that it won’t get reported because it was so close?

On my report - AES didn't report my 30 day late - they started at 60 on all three bureaus.   While YEMV, I (honestly) hope that's how they report for you.  Good luck!

aes.png

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get over a 30 day late removed from my last string with Max 90 days (for something else). However I noticed that it still reports as 1/1/1. Have you noticed that although it says "ok," it counts it as being 30 days late, possibly due to the 60 days late being reported?
Message 3 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was able to get over a 30 day late removed from my last string with Max 90 days (for something else). However I noticed that it still reports as 1/1/1. Have you noticed that although it says "ok," it counts it as being 30 days late, possibly due to the 60 days late being reported?

So actually, on all of my reports I have 0 30 day lates, which honestly gives me giggles. - and 0/1/1, never a '1' in that first string.
I either have no information or an "OK" where that 30 day should rightfully be.
Only on my AES lines, though.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calyx:
Thank you. Good to know. Wasn't sure if AES would be different than a credit card skipping a delinquency.
Message 5 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

What it will do with one of the CRAs is throw off the DOFD by a month, which is a minor annoyance.  
I get a DOFD of Nov, I argue it should be October, because if November is 60 days late, then Oct is 30 days late.
"But it says it's OK!"

I stopped fighting - not worth it for 30 days Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.