Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have luck GWing AES??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have luck GWing AES??

OK, I have 2 student loans with AES that have tons of late payments on them.  I am now current with both of them but the late payments are killing my FICO.  Anyone have luck trying GW's with them?  If so, do you have any tips.  Funny thing is that if they would do it, it would greatly enhance their chances of me never being late again.  Also, if anyone has had success, do you have an address and contact info?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have luck GWing AES??

OK you guys, I sent them a GW today. A Hail Mary. A longshot. Trying to get about 20+ late payments on 2 accounts deleted. It's a good thing I got turned down by so many women in college. There is something about not being afraid to hear "no" that helps you in this whole credit repair deal. You gotta be shameless. I'll keep everyone posted. I've been current for almost a year btw.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I would like to know if anyone has had any success with GW letters to AES too.  I tried a while back for a couple of lates...but they kept sending letters back that they were verified or something like that.  I bombarded them with emails and faxes...to no avail.  Perhaps just disputing them over and over again and sending MOV letters to the CRAs would help.  AES seems to be very difficult in removing lates, that's for sure. 
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is it is TOUGH to get mistakes on SL providers corrected-

It is impossible is get GW on SL while there is a balance because of the HEA that requires them to report accurate

Even  after being paid - it is tough-  
Message 4 of 22
BooBee
New Contributor

Timothy wrote:
All I can say is it is TOUGH to get mistakes on SL providers corrected-

It is impossible is get GW on SL while there is a balance because of the HEA that requires them to report accurate

Even  after being paid - it is tough-  

Oh great!  I was thinking what a great question but looks like it'll be tough to get a late removed.  I have AES as well and fell into like a 120 day late issue two years ago when wife was on maternity; just before I had it put into forbearance for six months.

I was hoping they'd remove the late in good faith since I've always been good with my payments otherwise. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

i did GW my two late payments with my two AES loans with success! (at least they are gone off of my EQ reports-haven't checked the others.)

i got the two lates because i moved right when i was supposed to start paying them and i didn't know. i used the sample letter provided here and modified it.

i was ignored the first time. i tried it again months later...my reply was that the lates are gone on at least one CRA.

it can't hurt to try!
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree it can't hurt.  I just printed out 3 copies of the same goodwill letter...dated 14 days apart from each other.  I am just going to keep sending until they remove...or until my postage costs outweigh my balance..hahahah
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is impossible is get GW on SL while there is a balance because of the HEA that requires them to report accurate

I read through the HEA and the resulting Amendments and I can't find a single thing that says that! All I found were provisions stating that they can't report damaging inaccurate info and that if a defaulted loan is successfully rehabbed, they have to remove the "default" notation with the CRAs.

Can I ask where it says that they can't GW? We've got a few lates that I'm desperate to remove!! Arrgghh!!!

TIA!!
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it might not say it directly- They (SL servicer) interprets this section  "2), and shall disclose promptly to such credit bureau organization any changes to the information previously disclosed." as they must report ANY changes - good or bad.

HEA Section 463 (4)(a) http://www.tgslc.org/pdf/HEA_Title_IV_Oct02.pdf 

(4)(A) Except as provided in subparagraph (B), an institution

of higher education, after consultation with the Secretary and pursuant

to the agreements entered into under paragraph (1), shall

disclose at least annually to any credit bureau organization with

which the Secretary has such an agreement the information set

forth in paragraph (2), and shall disclose promptly to such credit

bureau organization any changes to the information previously disclosed.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is impossible is get GW on SL while there is a balance because of the HEA that requires them to report accurate

I read through the HEA and the resulting Amendments and I can't find a single thing that says that! All I found were provisions stating that they can't report damaging inaccurate info and that if a defaulted loan is successfully rehabbed, they have to remove the "default" notation with the CRAs.

Can I ask where it says that they can't GW? We've got a few lates that I'm desperate to remove!! Arrgghh!!!

TIA!!

Message 9 of 22
rpg
Established Member

Can somebody provide a mailing address for AES?  I would like to try to GW some late payments from the past.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.