Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating Federal Student Loans to Increase AAOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdating Federal Student Loans to Increase AAOA

Hello there! I am currently pursuing my doctoral degree and have a hefty amount of federal student loans. I plan to purchase my first home and a new car in the next 3-4 years when I graduate and get settled down.

I am not certain if this is possible but can someone backdate individual loans? My oldest loan from Nelnet is 8 years old whereas my youngest one is 6 years old. If you were able to accomplish this, how did you do so?  If I can't do this as a student, can this be done once all my loans are consolidated?

Looking for answers Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Backdating Federal Student Loans to Increase AAOA

What are you meaning by back dating them ? You want them to all report as your oldest ?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful with consolidation. I lost a lot of points when I consolidated. Search boards
Message 3 of 4
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

It's best to leave them as is.  It's almost impossible to say what impact, if any, on your credit report this Will have. Some have made certain changes only to have it backfire. Age of accounts is only one factor that affects your score. Look at your entire report and see how you can improve it. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.