cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed + Collections... Overwhelmed at where to begin!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed + Collections... Overwhelmed at where to begin!

Hello really helpful people—

I'd posted elsewhere here about my financial situation in general, and was directed to this board for the student loan portion of my mess. This is basically the ugly aftermath of having gotten hit by the old one-two punch of job loss + chronic illness (blech). Eventually, the whole thing became so overwhelming and seemingly hopeless that I had no idea what to even do...and so (for too long, obviously) I just did nothing.

I am very sincerely now trying to finally dig back OUT of this, but one of the places I'm definitely uncertain is with the student loans. I've researched, but often keep finding what seems to be conflicting information. If anyone might have a few min to look over this and share some insight or advice, I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Thank you in advance!!!!!

-------------

Closed:

*ACS/JP Morgan Chase student loan: Day 120 (04/2012) / Date closed: 11/30/2012 / Balance: $0 / High balance: $8,034 / Past due: $0 (Equifax), $1,260 (Experian)

*AES/BHEA student loan: Day 120 (09/2012) / Date closed: 12/21/2012 / Balance: $0 / High balance: $1,560

*AES/BHEA student loan: Day 90 (04/2012) / Date closed: 07/16/2012 / Balance: $0 / High balance: $683

Collections:

*American Student Assistance student loan: Date closed: 03/31/2013 / Balance: $11,277 / High balance: $7,343

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed + Collections... Overwhelmed at where to begin!

very sorry to hear your situation. Hopefully it is not too late and you can still turn it around.

what is your situation exactly, specifically the student loans

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed + Collections... Overwhelmed at where to begin!

Did you ever get any sort of help or guidance?

*b*

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.