cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed Student Loan Rehab, but Sallie Mae didn't delete original negative marks

tag
georgia_girl
Established Member

Re: Completed Student Loan Rehab, but Sallie Mae didn't delete original negative marks

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. You can report Sallie Mae to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. That's what I did for my private student loans. I tried to have them put into forbearance and they refused. They said I ran out of Forbearance time (which they never listed a limit or sent info stating). I was unemployed and couldn't afford the $1,100 payment or the interest only payment of $500 a month. It was hard enough paying $150 to keep the loans in forbearance. I reported them to the FDIC and got more forbearance time, but couldn't get the negative marks off. They refused. So I'm waiting for the CFPB to make a determination. Good luck with them. It's hard, I've talked to everyone at Sallie Mae and finally gave up. Decided to have an agency look at their policies.

Message 11 of 15
ksari6000

Re: Completed Student Loan Rehab, but Sallie Mae didn't delete original negative marks

Sallie Mae is a private company.  You can find their registered agent in your state and if the terms of the rehab were not fully explained to you, and if you have disputed it with the bureaus and Sallie Mae has still not corrected the derogatory information, you can sue them by serving their registeted agent in your state of residence either in state court for breach of contract, or federal court for violation of FCRA  15 USC 1681s-2(b), or all in federal court combining the state breach of contract case along with the FRCA violation.  Ta't will definitely get their attention!!!!

Their litigation phone number is :  800 251 4127

If someone needs a sample federal complant, email me here, and I will send it to you.

Message 12 of 15
wisher131

Has anyone done that and had success?

Message 13 of 15
poohda23
New Contributor

They did me the same way and refuse to fix it.  I called the rehab company today and they informed me that Sallie Mae is to correct the problem.  I guess I will be calling Sallie in the morning

Message 14 of 15
e0je

just wanted to let yall know I'm tuned into this thread and sometime in the next week I'll attempt get in contact with the departments you have listed. Thanks.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.