cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated loans appearing on report as separate accounts

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Re: Consolidated loans appearing on report as separate accounts

@Sabii wrote:
And if it's down to just waiting, you could always request an early Exclusion 6 months early from each CB. YMMV but I did see someone get their student loans removed early this way.

wow. i didn't know about this option. looks like i have to wait about 3 years before i can even think about that lol, but i'll be sure to ask. thanks for the great tip!

Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

You're welcome! Within my own attempts I get different answers, even if asking for the same EE. My suggestion is to:
1) request all CB at 6 months. I did mine online but phone is okay too.
2) request any that remain after that in after 1 or 2 months (they may automatically fall off early too. These happened for one of mine)

Message 12 of 15
Senior Contributor

@Sabii wrote:
You're welcome! Within my own attempts I get different answers, even if asking for the same EE. My suggestion is to:
1) request all CB at 6 months. I did mine online but phone is okay too.
2) request any that remain after that in after 1 or 2 months (they may automatically fall off early too. These happened for one of mine)

I'm going to disagree with @Sabii for once Smiley LOL

Transunion will early exclude at 6 months, pretty easily.

Experian's policy is to allow EE's at 3 months - some people (me included) have had this end badly, so I won't stop you, but I won't encourage it.
Equifax will only do a one month EE, and since they have a habit of 'breaking' people's files or applying things wrong, you'll see people generally avoiding working with them.   Their favorite muck-up is to end up splitting files, so I'd seriously caution you against it.

When Experian messed up my file, I actually goodwill requested my servicers and they removed the tradelines early for me.

EQ: 795 | EX: 785 | TU: 783 | Accounts: 2/6 6/12 10/24
Happy practitioner of AZE6or7or8
Message 13 of 15
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Lol! I would have agreed with you a while back, because I saw the same thing. But I put it to the test because I couldn't remember which was 6 months (& too lazy to look). I did them all at 6 months on some late credit card payments using the online disputes. I had two strings of lates left so I started with the oldest one.
I did the disputes. I believe one said no, and two said it was verified or whatever but then the reports were all wiped of the string! It wasn't until later I found out that EE aren't for open credit cards
My last string wasn't as easy. I got no's on the whole thing, and the reports didn't have anything removed. But a few months later (and still 3+ to go) it just disappeared off Experian (FICO 8). I still have to pull the other two because my VantageScore says they're gone but who knows.

The other thing is I did get a frivolous report warning but it still went through. I just attached a PDF of one of the regulation quotes from here on EE (which of course doesn't apply 🤣). I did that multiple times.
I absolutely agree to use caution though. The CB don't always do what you want them to do.

Message 14 of 15
Senior Contributor

^ Proof that the only good rule is "YMMV" Smiley Very Happy

EQ: 795 | EX: 785 | TU: 783 | Accounts: 2/6 6/12 10/24
Happy practitioner of AZE6or7or8
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.