Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated loans

tag
prosario69
Established Member

Consolidated loans

I have several consolidated student loans that are still showing on my report.  One has a closed date of 2006 and the others are dated between 2011 and 2012...all are reporting as closed and current.  I also have a good mix of credit, should I dispute them and ask that they be removed?  By the way, I filed BK in 2013.

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 606
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consolidated loans

Imo that depends. Are their showing a having been paid off? Are there any lates on the account? 

If they aren't weighing your score down I don't see any reason why they need to be removed.

Message 2 of 4
prosario69
Established Member

They are showing current and closed.  They were never late.  I was just wondering because Im trying to clean up my report.

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 606
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prosario69 wrote:

They are showing current and closed.  They were never late.  I was just wondering because Im trying to clean up my report.

"Cleaning up your reports" does not help your credit when talking about removing positve and aged accounts.

These very old account boost your AAoA greatly. If they come off, it will likely decrease your AAoA and lower your score, especially since they are positive accounts.

A thick and full credit report is good and helps your scores (with positive accounts). Not a thin and empty one. 

Removing negative informations/accounts helps your credit in terms of cleaning up your reports. Reucibg utilization on your accounts helps, too. Those things will help absolutely.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.