Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converse collection? I got so lucky!!

tag
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Converse collection? I got so lucky!!

I'm ecstatic right now. My old tuition bill with Conserve was closed and removed from my report. I would never have known it was gone had my score not gone up almost 50 points and I got an alert on myfico. I called the school and they told me I had to pay Conserve. I called Conserve and they told me that the account was closed and that I would have to pay the school directly. I immediately called the school and explained it all and paid the bill! I avoided another 4 years with this account on my credit report and I also got out of paying the collection fee! I was told by Conserve that they have a time limit with their accounts and that's why the account was closed. No idea if that's correct, but I'm happy as it was my only negative remaining! I had previously tried talking to the school numerous times, as well as asking for a PFD with Conserve, but to no avail. It's a good day!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Converse collection? I got so lucky!!

Woah! You certaintly did get lucky there. Smiley Wink

What are your scores now? 

Message 2 of 3
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Re: Converse collection? I got so lucky!!

It bumped my scores and I'm in the mid to upper 600's with my only negative gone now, but I have high utilization on my cards right now. I'll be well over 700 once I get those down. Pays to keep an eye on your scores for this reason, as creditors do change. I wonder how often this happens in someone's favor? I'm fortunate I caught it and was able to pay! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.