Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cornerstone to FedLoan Servicer

tag
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Cornerstone to FedLoan Servicer

I was notified last month that my student loan servicer was being changed from Cornerstone to FedLoan.  I downloaded all of my payment history in the event they were not transferred to FedLoan.  My loans are now not viewable at Cornerstone but they are also not viewable on FedLoan.  Previous communication indicated my loans were being transferred on 11/9, my automatic bill payment information would be transferred and FedLoan would be in contact with me.  I created an account with FedLoan but no loans are showing yet.  Thankfully, I am paid ahead so I'm only mildly concerned at the delay in being able to access a way to pay my loans and view their status.  Is anyone else going through a servicer change?  How long did it take for your new servicer to contact you or for your loans to show up on your online account? 

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jmos
Regular Contributor

Re: Cornerstone to FedLoan Servicer

Hello @ChemE_Bear . All I can say is that I'm experiencing the same issue with FedLoan Servicer as well. You are not alone . At this time, I'm not able to see anything on the FedLoan and/or CornerStone sites. I'm thinking that our loan information has not technicallu transferred and updated to the new FedLoan site yet.?

Message 2 of 14
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

@jmos wrote:

Hello @ChemE_Bear . All I can say is that I'm experiencing the same issue with FedLoan Servicer as well. You are not alone . At this time, I'm not able to see anything on the FedLoan and/or sites. I'm thinking that our loan information has not technicallu transferred and updated to the new FedLoan site yet.?

Thanks for responding!  Yes, I assume its some sort of issue like that.  Did you have automatic payment set up? 

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 3 of 14
jmos
Regular Contributor

Hi @ChemE_Bear 

No, I did not have automatic payments set up on mine.

Message 4 of 14
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Oh, that's even more stressful.  Have you tried contacting FedLoan via phone to see if there is just a delay in the loans showing up online?

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 5 of 14
jmos
Regular Contributor

No, at this time, I have not tried to reach them.

Message 6 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

Dangit, I totally forgot to download my payment history.     I do have proof on the other side (from my bank), so I have that going for me.

I also do not have any information in my Cornerstone account and haven't heard anything further re: Fedloan, but I was able to make an account (and they had the right info in there), so I hope it goes smoothly.   I guess it's a good time to have this kind of migration, if you have not opted out of the CARES act stuff, them screwing up won't (immediately) mess up your credit report/file.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 14
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Hey my loans are showing up on FedLoan now so you'll probably see yours soon if you don't already see them. @jmos @calyx My previous payment history is not there and they are listed as in Forbearance AGAIN so I get to ask to have that taken off a third time.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 8 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

My loans did show up in the MyFedLoan portal, and Saturday I received a letter from FedLoan telling me they were taking over my servicing (thanks, guys).

Message 9 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

As of today, FedLoan is finally showing up on my reports.

Got the notification from TU, I would expect the others to follow in short or long order.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.