cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current payments reported as 120+ Late years later?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current payments reported as 120+ Late years later?

Hey guys I started working with a credit recovery service and they almost instantly got a few items removed from my credit history, but now it looks like some records on TransUnion and Equifax that were listed as current in 2014 are now listed as 120+ days late. Can they even do that?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Current payments reported as 120+ Late years later?

Prior reporting can always be updated/corrected.

There is no time limit upon correcting prior reporting.

The issue is not whether they can change prior reporting from pays as agreed a delinquency, the issue is solely whether or not the account was in fact delinquent for the month/yr reported.

Was the account actually delinquent in the months now being reported in payment history as having been delinquent?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Current payments reported as 120+ Late years later?

Been a few years, I honestly don't remember. I started a payment program in 2012 when my loans went delinquent, and as far as I know, I never had a late since. Especially since I had streamlined my mortgage, and the requirement was that you could have zero lates of any type in the prior 12 months. I refinanced in mid 2015, and at that time had no lates since late 2011 or early 2012.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.