Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Department of Education collection to MyFed

tag
jinmikesung
New Contributor

Department of Education collection to MyFed

I had a student load through Department of Education back in 2010 and been sent to collection agency due to lack of a payment. After few years, it brought up my attendtion and was trying to pay as much as possible with original creditor. (Department of Edication) In January 2015, MyFedLoan took over my student loan and I have been making payments through them without any missed payments. Is this mean that I am already completed a rehab program and I can dispute through Equifax and Experian?
I would like to clear up my report as much as I can before I purchase a home in next few years.
Also I will take advises that how I can get rid of my student loan lates. Thank you
I also attached a copy of my report due to a long pictures.
http://imgur.com/55Ubn3C
http://imgur.com/tXhwykO
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Department of Education collection to MyFed

Yes you are all done once you make that 9th payment and your laon is picked up by a new loan holder you can dispute away . Keep me posted of your updates.
Message 2 of 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also by dispute many of ppl on here have gotten lucky and had the entire old bad Tradelines removed and then replaced with new clean ones , removing all lates and everything , sometimes though some aren't that lucky and just get all the default notes removed and the old Tradelines remain .
Message 3 of 6
jinmikesung
New Contributor

Hi.

I haven't made any payment with US Department of Education because it was transfered by MyFedLoan all of my loans. 

Will it off from my report after 7 years from January 2015? Since MyFedLoan picked up from January 2015. 

Thank you

Message 4 of 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

If I were you I would go ahead and dispute them and see what happens . But in any case if they don't get removed just from completing rehab then yes the lates will start falling off 7 years from the date of each late .
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read on this forum it is from the date of first delinquency. I'm not sure though student loans may be different.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.