cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dept of Education forgives...1,500 student loans amid federal lawsuit

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Dept of Education forgives...1,500 student loans amid federal lawsuit

4 REPLIES 4
New Contributor

Re: Dept of Education forgives...1,500 student loans amid federal lawsuit

Only because they were going to lose that lawsuit.

Now let's see if they can get it together on PSLF.

Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

Haha! So the true. I think she's thought and could still "win" the way they did with the PSLF, but I bet that contempt of court was a big wakeup call. In general, the Dept of Education has gotten away with this type of indifference (at best) for decades.
It they don't take care of this now, once the first large group will be getting IDR forgiveness, it's going to get ugly

Message 3 of 5
New Contributor

Agree 100%. People (myself included) took often lower paying public service jobs on the promise that if we paid 120 on time payments, our loans would be forgiven. That only about 1% have over ridiculous technicalities is insane - especially with the looming student loan crisis.

Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

When I look at the stats for PSLF denials, and the rate of denials for the "solution" there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it's a problem with the system, not the borrowers. And since Dept of Education essentially washes their hands of it after they give you the loan, they are allowing servicers to do harm against borrowers. What they did to people like you who made a sacrifice to serve our community is unforgivable imo. That they will be allowed to continue to do so despite all that coming to light...I just don't get it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.