Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory with zero balance.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Derogatory with zero balance.

Good morning!
I was going through my account to compare why my TU (557) is so much more different from my EQ (602) and i have noticed that my Nelnet accounts vary from report to report. On my TU, its stating i have a zero balance, but labeled Derogatory, and on EX its unknown. I know that's killing my score, and its showing my payment history at just 35% for my TU! I have completed the rehabilitation program, and was wondering, if i should call dept of ed, or TU, in regards to getting this resolved. Im working towards getting my ducks in a row for a FHA mortgage, and I need all my derogatory remarks removed. Thanks everyone!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Derogatory with zero balance.

Sadly it seems like the negative marks for missed payments end up staying. Did the original loans close and new ones open up after default? The original ones should stay and then the ones that were made and put into collection should be deleted with any reference to default being removed. But the lates stay for awhile unless you can goodwill them off or pay the loan off.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Derogatory with zero balance.

You can try disputing the lates but they might be there to stay. I've also read that you should be careful not to dispute depending on how close you are to your FHA loan.
You can't get them goodwilled them because the servicers are obligated to report them accurately by law.
If you're not already on an IDR plan you might want to check out the benefits in terms of an FHA loan. It helps a lot if people qualify who otherwise wouldn't.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.