Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Closed Student Loan

tag
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Disputed Closed Student Loan

I had to dispute one of my closed student loans on all three reports due to it reporting incorrectly. On TransUnion it was reporting as still opened. On Equifax it was reporting as closed but the historical information such as account balance was incorrect. On Experian it was reporting twice, once as still open and the second time as closed. TransUnion and Experian are still investigating but Equifax came back to me and basically messed it up even more than before. Now it's showing as if the loan was Transferred/Sold off to another creditor (it wasn't as it was a Perkins Loan that I paid in full while I was still in school). Now I don't know what my next steps are regarding Equifax and these results. I checked my credit report to see how it was reporting now that they messed it up and it isn't even showing up anymore on my report so I can't even redispute it (if that's even possible). Will it take a few days for the loan to reappear?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.