cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering the end of a 3-year monitoring period of disability discharge of my Federal Student Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Entering the end of a 3-year monitoring period of disability discharge of my Federal Student Loan

I applied for a disability discharge of my federal student loan August 2016 due to me receiving SSDI, and I have completed the necessary form to report any wages I may have earned while working for August 2017 and August 2018...thus I have not gone back to work.  I just received a letter from Social Security that my disability benefits will convert to full retirement age benefits because I have reached the full retirement age.  My question is this:  What happens to the disability discharge status (the student loan) since my Social Security will convert to my full retirement age status?  My three year monitoring period will end August 2019.  I am concerned about this and I hope someone could provide some feedback regarding this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Entering the end of a 3-year monitoring period of disability discharge of my Federal Student Loa

This may help. Its not an easy question to find.

"If you previously received Social Security disability benefits but now receive retirement benefits, or your benefits notice does not indicate when your next disability review will occur, you can prove your disability by submitting a copy of your BPQY.

You can request a copy of your BPQY  from your local Social Security Administration office . You can also  call 1-800-772-1213 and request to be mailed a copy of your BPQY."

kansaslegalservices.org/node/2146/tips-student-loan-borrowers-disabilities

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.