Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Loan Servicing

tag
coachbeau
Valued Member

Fed Loan Servicing

I have a closed account from Fed Loan Servicing for my student loans. I completed the rehab and everthing was removed and updated with the exception of his one. Should have this one also been removed when I completed the rehab? It went 30 days late 3/16 so I still have a few years until the 7 year mark. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RootDet
Established Contributor

Re: Fed Loan Servicing

my understanding is it normally gets removed, but that was not always a guarantee. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

I am having the similar issue. My fed loan servicing loans had gone into default and last year i worked witht the default resolution group to get the loans out of default. When I came out of default in Februrary of 2021, the negative reporting was supposed to be removed from the three bureaus where it was reported. Well experian was the only bureau where the negative reporting was deleted, the other two bureaus the informaiton remained. What work have you performed so far to get this resolved?

Message 3 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

For clarification - only the DEFAULT must be removed.
If by "negative reporting" you mean the lates - those do not have to be removed (and by law, should technically not be).

If the defaults have not been removed, contact the servicer who rehabbed your loans and speak with them first.   If the default is not removed, you may have to escalate it to the CFPB (if you just dispute it, the CRAs will contact the servicer who may just confirm the default if they're reporting incorrectly).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I was talking about the late payments. The defaults were removed. I assumed, when they mentioned negative reporting in their letter, that the late payments would have been included. Interesting thing is that the late payments as well as the defaults were removed from experian. The other two bureaus the late payments remianed, the defaults were removed though.

Message 5 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

Essentially, you just really lucked out with Experian - so congrats for that!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.