cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal SL servicer changes - when will they report?

tag
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Federal SL servicer changes - when will they report?

I know a few of us here went through Loan Servicer changes from Cornerstone to FedLoan this year.  My loans were transferred in November and are still not being reported to the credit bureaus by FedLoan. I have made 3 payments through FedLoan (Dec-Feb).  Anyone else seen their loans report yet? 

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Federal SL servicer changes - when will they report?

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

I know a few of us here went through Loan Servicer changes from Cornerstone to FedLoan this year.  My loans were transferred in November and are still not being reported to the credit bureaus by FedLoan. I have made 3 payments through FedLoan (Dec-Feb).  Anyone else seen their loans report yet? 

I've had FedLoan as my loan servicer since 2010, when they took over the account from Wells Fargo it took six month's for it to report.

During 2020 they updated the account quarterly... my last account update was reported on December 31, 2020 for payments made through November... my payments are due 12th of the month.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 4
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Wow, that's disappointing to hear!

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 3 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

Yup, I still haven't seen anything reporting from my Cornerstone to FedLoan move.    
Cornerstone was reported as closed in December (with an 11/6 date).

I assumed that it was because there's nothing *to* report (I'm not paying right now), so I'll be curious to see if ours report at the same time or not (good thing I have another loan to anchor down the installment portion of the scoring mix!)

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.