cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedloan Servicing reports to what bureaus?

tag
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

Fedloan Servicing reports to what bureaus?

I have a defualted student loan with fedloan that's over 4 years old. However it only reports as a collection to TU. It reports to Equifax as 120 days late and it doesn't report to Experian at all. With that said, my EQ and EX scores are around 650 but my TU score is 554. My question is, if I pay this in full, will it report as a collection paid in full to all three bureaus, thus lowering my score on the EQ and EX scores? Or will it only report to certian bureaus? Any advice/experience would be very much appreaciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

Re: Fedloan Servicing reports to what bureaus?

anyone?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

loanRe: Fedloan Servicing reports to what bureaus?

In my case, I have 2 loans with FedLoan both have 11 lates on them, with the worst being 180 days past due. (during forbearance) They report to all 3 bureaus. My EX is my best score. You might need to dispute the account for inaccurate coding. Not sure if you want to poke the bear though. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loans report to all three. In my experiance TU has good info on me. EQ is missing accounts or updates are not always accurate. In the past I have had to contact them to update accordingly and supply the docs. As to your question, it should be reporting to all bureaus. If you PIF then the account should closed out as PIF. Someone else will need to chime in here though as far as the collection goes. I never had an account go into collections so I cannot speak to that. Maybe it may read collection - PIF. But from what I understand from this forumn for FICO 9 a collection PIF would not have as bad impact as under FICO 8. I could be wrong there too.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 8 loans with them. They are all reported to all 3 bureaus. But they are all in good standing because I am in deferment as a current student. So I am not sure what would happen when some would start to fall off or if any other changes are made.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i have three loans with them. (soon to consolidate) and they report to all three bureaus

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.