Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

Whew it's been a long year so far , been repairing my credit all year and my Fiance's too , part of that included my SL that was in default since 2013. I entered into the Rehab program in Feb 2016 , nine payments later I am done . I thought I was done last mth but I figured it wrong anyway just made my final payment 9/11 and called to confirm I was completely done with it and yes it is done .
Now more waiting for the new loan holder to pick it up then I can do what I have been waiting forever to do and that is DISPUTE these 4 TLs on my credit reports and hopefully have a good outcome from it. I have followed other threads here and I am gonna use what they have done as a guideline to try to get the same results which is having all the old TLs with bad stuff removed completely and then hopefully the new TLs will show up with a squeaky clean trade line . I know it is a chance it may not go that way , may only be able to have the default status removed and the lates will stay but I must try try try as this is literally the last baddie on my reports but it's a huge one and it's what is keeping me from rising over 620s.
I was also told by the CA who has my acct that they are supposed to tell me it can take up to 60 days to get a new loan holder but he said he has never seen it take that long esp in the last year or two they have really tried to get things done fast . He told me to Cal back by Friday to see if The Dept of Ed has pulled my file back from the CA. So I will report back as I hear any new updates for those who are in the same situation and searching for info on how the process works I'll keep it updated til the end.
There isn't alot out there about it so I figured I would contribute. Thanks everyone !

SEPT 11 2016 - Made final SL Rehab payment waiting on new servicer to pick up loan .

Sept 21 2016- called Dept of ED my loans have now been picked up by Navient, dispute process started on all three bureaus.

Message 1 of 165
164 REPLIES 164
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finished SL Rehab waiting on new servicer to pick up my loan!

I'm calling on Monday to ask about starting the process on rehabbing my student loan. Congrats on getting yours taken care of.
Message 2 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

It really is a great program , you only have one try to get it right , can't miss no payments in that 9 mths period , but the good thing is your payments go off your income so if your limited then your payments will be next to nothing. Good luck to you , I called today and there was still no update for me , hoping Monday will bring some news.
Message 3 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't be missing any payments I can assure you of that. I am on a fixed income from va disability. Keep us updated on your progress and I hope Monday brings us both good news and good luck to you as well!
Message 4 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks keep me updated on you too .
Message 5 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing and I am sure I will be looking for some more advice before all this is over. I wish this process was as easy as it was as screwing it all up lol.
Message 6 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Lol IKR that's too funny but it is the truth
Message 7 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

UPDATE: Been calling the Dept Of Ed (Dept of Resolutions Group ext) everyday since last week , listening to the automated system it still says my loans are in default and being handled by a CA.
Decided to actually speak to a Rep at that number today to see if anything new was updated . She immediately said congrats your loans have been picked up by Navient since Monday the 19th.

Sept 21 2016: Started the dispute process of it. Went online with Equifax this morning and disputed both trade lines that were from the same account but both has bad negative stuff pertaining to my default . Overall I have 3 Tradelines for ONE single SL. Anyways disputed that using INACCURATE DATA choice , then stated that I completed the Rehabilitation Program on that certain date and said according to the Dept of Ed that any and all late/negative/ default marks should be removed from my files.

Up next is TU and EX which I'm about to start on now , hopefully it doesn't take the full 30 days , I've waited long enough lol , anyways that's all I have for now.
Message 8 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

Congrats on getting your loans picked up! I know you've been stressed about that. Now keep us up to date on your dispute process.
Message 9 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

Thanks i sure will .
Message 10 of 165
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.