cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished rehab and almost consolidated ~ what happens to my scores ?

Frequent Contributor

Finished rehab and almost consolidated ~ what happens to my scores ?

So I finished my rehab payments for 2 sets of loans. Both were transferred to new servicers so I'm still making payments until they are all consolidated by Great Lakes.

On my CRs, I don't have any late student loans. In 2008, they were reporting as paid as agreed by Sallie Mae and then closed. So now that I finished rehab, the Dept of Ed says since they aren't reporting negatively, there is nothing to report. I was hoping they were going to report that I paid as agreed all the way back to 2008 but I guess that's wrong ?

I don't have any open loans except a credit builder with Navy. It keeps my scores 20+ points. So once Great Loans starts reporting, I guess I don't get an extra bump or do I ?

I will be kind of sad if my scores don't do anything after successfully rehabbing.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finished rehab and almost consolidated ~ what happens to my scores ?

I'm back to update. I didn't expect any change to my report because the loans I rehabbed were not ever reported on my report so there was nothing to update.

One set of loans was bought by fedloans and the other by AES. I then consolidated all of them with Great Lakes within the same month. 

So imagine my surprise when Fedloan reported to the cra's going back to the beginning of the loan on time payments !

The sad part is because my navy loan paid off early, my scores went down and even with the student loans reporting, my scores have not recovered. i have no idea why.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 2 of 2