Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing credit report for school loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing credit report for school loan

I have one negative report on my credit from a school loan. I've been trying for months to get it resolved. Neither the loan holder or Nelnet for total and permanent disability discharge is Taking responsibility. I've spoken to them both and they tell me that the other is The one to speak to to fix it. My loan is supposed to be discharged As of December 2018. . But it is listed as default and the continual late payment from The date last reported, April 2019. How can I get this removed from my credit report? Since I can't get the two agencies involved to help me out

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fixing credit report for school loan

From what i have seen or read student loans cannot be removed on a report, now someone else might have smoe good advice for you, good luck mateSmiley LOL

Message 2 of 4
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

I would dispute it with the bureaus and provide your loan discharge documentation as proof.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 3 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

File complaints with the CFPB - that's what it took to straighten out some stuff I had on my reports that no one would take responsibility for.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.