cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HESC/Performant Recovery Student Loan Rehab mostly complete!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HESC/Performant Recovery Student Loan Rehab mostly complete!

Hey All!

So I have some good news, I finally completed the payment portion of rehabiting my student loan!! The last payment was supposed to have been yesterday but when I called Performant Recovery, they said it was actually completed on the 27th of January, that I should be getting a letter soon from HESC, and any questions had to now go through HESC. Well I called them and they said the loan should be picked up by about 40-45 days.

I do have a few questions though.. I was looking at my FICO credit report from 12 Jan and it stated that HESC was in collections/charge off, although it was only on Experian... I figured maybe I should dispute it but when I checked my Experian CR dated today (2 Feb), I don't see HESC at all, and the only potential negatives is from a 30-day from Cap1 and something from Nelnet... does this mean it was already deleted off of the credit report? I know its a stupid question but wow, that was fast. I don't think they aged off, as the "Opened Date" is stated at December 2011.

Anyways, I'll keep y'all posted just in case some others are going through this.

--------------------

27 Jan 2016: Rehab payments completed, waiting for loan to be picked up!

27 Jan 2016: Sometime around this date HESC was taken off of EX report. Still shows up on TU.

28 Jan 2016: Loan picked up by A.E.S.

05 Feb 2016: Loan still not fully in system but I received my letters that the loan has been rehabilitated and was being sold to A.E.S.

10 Feb 2016: Loan now in system... Loan amount is a little bit lower then when I last received the final statement from Performant... looks like they took off the collection charges (~18%) then added a lower collections charge (~16%). I set up a nice little payment plan that will get rid of the loan in about 30 months... I might see about doing a secured loan through NFCU or USAA that will reduce the interest rate to about 3% rather then 6%

31 Mar 2016: Loans showed up on Credit Karma's EQ report. No update on MyFICO as of 12 April. Loan was backdated to it's original start date

3 REPLIES 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: HESC/Performant Recovery Student Loan Rehab mostly complete!

It certainly is possible that your CA deleted the account very timely after you completed your rehab.  It's great to see them take care of it so quickly, since the delay often causes anxiety and frustration for folks that have completed their rehab.

Keep us posted on how things progress for you, and congrats on finishing your rehab!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it looks like it really was, which is great. However on the other reports I believe it is going to be a little more difficult, since they are coming in as a different name... We'll see how it goes by disputing them and providing the paperwork that HESC gave me saying the loan was rehabilitated and will be taken off...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.