cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long after receiving rehab completion letter until...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long after receiving rehab completion letter until...

How long after receiving loan rehab completion letter until the info is updated both on Studentaid.gov and on CR? My 9th payment was on May 1 and I just finally got my completion letter last week. We are trying to purchase our first home after a long road of financial growth this last year! I'm hoping new lender fedloan will contact me asap
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: How long after receiving rehab completion letter until...

Most threads I have read on here don't wait for them to update bc it can take so long , instead you can dispute them with the CRAs and have them removed . I only have one more payment left and I so can't wait to have them removed they drag me down so much . They say it can take up to 90 days for them to remove or update them, so it took two months to find you another servicer ? This is what worries me , how long it will take to find a new loan holder .
Message 2 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Who had the loans bf and who is your new holder ?
Message 3 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry must have missed the last part , so FedLaon is your new lender ?
Message 4 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wonder why it took them so long to send you a letter of completion, most get thier letters within a couple weeks , thats a LONG TIME !
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no update on CR 

Message 6 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Uugghh I know this has got to be upsetting for you . Plz keep us updated!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, when I completed rehab this year (9th payment in April), I disputed the student loan tradelines. 

.... definitely made it a mission to wait until they were picked up (bought) by the new loan servicer.

It took about 10-15 days to get picked up which was fairly quick .... One I disputed, the tradelines were all removed except 1 updated to pays as agreed with the negatives removed. For most people, I hear it takes between 60-90 days. Be prepared to work this like a job & make a few phone calls to get exactly what you want. 

When I disputed, I used the verbiage " I completed student loan rehabilitation. Any negative or default information on my student loans should be removed." 

Message 8 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info , my last payment is in August !!!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with AES again yesterday and was told that they officially recieved the newly rehabbed loan on July 8th. They update to the CRs every 30 days so on their next update they will change it to remove the default. HOWEVER, they said they do NOT remove all the lates prior, they only remove the default. I think I read somewhere online that AES updates on the 30th of each month so hopefully by monday it will finally show. But now I'm wondering if that means only the lates BEFORE the default will remain. I went into default in Dec of 2015 and that's been over 1.5 years so hopefully those lates before default wont sting as bad now on my fico score? 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.