Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for New trade lines?

tag
JENEA
Valued Member

How long for New trade lines?

I finished rehabilitation for my federal loans last month and they were picked up by great lakes 3 days later. The 4 tradelines after the default were removed. The 4 before it are still there of course. On average how long after your new loan was picked up did the new tradeline show up? Will it be one trade line are will it be the 4 to match each loan. All 4 were picked up by greatlakes and i will be making one payment.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: How long for New trade lines?

@JENEA wrote:
I finished rehabilitation for my federal loans last month and they were picked up by great lakes 3 days later. The 4 tradelines after the default were removed. The 4 before it are still there of course. On average how long after your new loan was picked up did the new tradeline show up? Will it be one trade line are will it be the 4 to match each loan. All 4 were picked up by greatlakes and i will be making one payment.

If you did not consolidate, then it should be 4 tradelines, even though you are making one payment.    So if you are late with one payment, it's pretty nasty, because that's actually 4 lates.
It took 2-3 months for mine to appear after rehab (when I consolidated it only took 2 months).
My student loans always seems to lag behind other accounts as far as reporting is concerned.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 5
JENEA
Valued Member

Thankyou so much. Your reply helped give me some idea on how long this can take. Im really looking foward to seeing those awesome tradelines appear!
Message 3 of 5
FPapiSalOC
Established Member

Can you keep us updated?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
JENEA
Valued Member

My tradelines ended up showing up around the 31st of January but they combined them into only 2 even though i didn't consolidate them.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.