I want to thank Nelnet...

tag
Vandervecken
Valued Member

I want to thank Nelnet...

I want to thank Numbnuts Nelnet:

• For transferring my loans from Great Lakes,
  • For losing the entire payment history,
  • For closing the one account previously reported by GL and opening 11 new accounts, thereby blowing my AAoA,
  • For not allowing me to set up automatic payments while the COVID pause is going on,
  • For having one of the worst financial websites I've dealt with, and
  • And for having the most unintelligible customer service reps I've ever spoke with.

But... at least all the balances are correct.

Chapter 7 BK 10/2016, (discharged 10/2017)
FICO 8 (8/2023): EQ 682, TU 683, EXP 673
Mortgage (8/2023): EQ 719, TU 727, EXP 717 (Stage 9, order of operations)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: I want to thank Nelnet...

@Vandervecken wrote:

I want to thank Numbnuts Nelnet:

• For transferring my loans from Great Lakes,
  • For losing the entire payment history,
  • For closing the one account previously reported by GL and opening 11 new accounts, thereby blowing my AAoA,
  • For not allowing me to set up automatic payments while the COVID pause is going on,
  • For having one of the worst financial websites I've dealt with, and
  • And for having the most unintelligible customer service reps I've ever spoke with.

But... at least all the balances are correct.

are they being reported as having been opened the date of the transfer or the date of the original loan?

still waiting on mine to report

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 2 of 11
Vandervecken
Valued Member

are they being reported as having been opened the date of the transfer or the date of the original loan?

Date of transfer.  I've opened a ticket with them to fix it, but if I didn't know to look, I would have just accepted the impact to my scores.

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your not alone. Been a few unhappy campers lately. Another poster is trying to get their lates removed from the closed SL company that Nelnet took over.

Message 4 of 11
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

@Vandervecken wrote:

Date of transfer.  I've opened a ticket with them to fix it, but if I didn't know to look, I would have just accepted the impact to my scores.

image.png

great lakes finally closed out their reporting for me, interested to see what's going to happen when nelnet reports, they said they report at the end the month, and it's already a week without reporting

it would be really nice if my one really old account turned into ten really old accounts, I wouldn't mind - ha

when I had another transfer for different loans, they kept the original loan open date

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 5 of 11
Vandervecken
Valued Member

great lakes finally closed out their reporting for me, interested to see what's going to happen when nelnet reports, they said they report at the end the month, and it's already a week without reporting

It took Numbnuts Nelnet two reporting cycles to get all 11 loans reported to all 3 bureaus.  Not the best company, needless to say.

Fun part... during the COVID pause I inherited enough money to pay off the vast majority of the loans.  Right now it's sitting in a CapOne high yield savings account at 4.15% interest.  Student loans start charging interest on September 1...guess what I'm doing on August 20?  BOOM!

Message 6 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Vandervecken wrote:

It took Numbnuts Nelnet two reporting cycles to get all 11 loans reported to all 3 bureaus.  Not the best company, needless to say.

Fun part... during the COVID pause I inherited enough money to pay off the vast majority of the loans.  Right now it's sitting in a CapOne high yield savings account at 4.15% interest.  Student loans start charging interest on September 1...guess what I'm doing on August 20?  BOOM!

Nice.

Message 7 of 11
cabledude27
New Contributor

Ugh I just got the alert that my GL account was zero'ed and closed due to transfer and took 20+ point hits on all 3 CR's.  I really hope they dont show this transfer with the transfer date on mine, I dont want to have to deal with these folks as I'm already irritated with them.  

Ch 13 Filed - Apr 02, 2018
Last Payment Made - March 10th, 2023
Discharge - 5/16/23
FICO 8 Scores as of 5/17/23 - EQ - 659, TU - 600, EX - 670
8/17/23 - FICO 8 Scores EQ - 716, TU - 725, EX - 721
Message 8 of 11
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Nelnet is the WORST! I still can't log into my account, so now I get to call on Monday. Something to look forward to...

Message 9 of 11
Vandervecken
Valued Member

@Vandervecken wrote:
Date of transfer.  I've opened a ticket with them to fix it, but if I didn't know to look, I would have just accepted the impact to my score

Update: Numbnuts Netnet fixed the reporting date.  However, now the loans do not show the correct payment plan: the loans have been reset to "Standard" payment instead of "Extended".  Sigh.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.