cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS TAX OFFSET (HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SHOW UP ON MY LOANS)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS TAX OFFSET (HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SHOW UP ON MY LOANS)

Hi

So with my tax offset, I am two payments away from paying off my garnished loans, and set up a rehab for my other loans for  5 dollars a month. The only problem, the IRS offset hasnt shown up yet. They took it, but Navient/USAFUNDS Loan Solutions has not got it. They told me to contact the IRS. Anyone know how long this normally takes.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: IRS TAX OFFSET (HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SHOW UP ON MY LOANS)

Given that multiple government computer systems are involved, I would expect 6-12 weeks.  The money has to move from IRS control, to the Department of Education, and then to your servicer(s).  If it hasn't shown up in a couple of months, I think it would be worth doing some more investigation.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IRS TAX OFFSET (HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SHOW UP ON MY LOANS)

So quick update. USAFUNDSOLUTIONS hasnt gotten my offset. The IRS did, but I dont think I ever recieved a notice of an offset from them, but I did for the loans that are currently with USAFUND SOLUTIONS when they started my garnishment. These were FFEL STAFFORD SUBSIDIZED ...and the DEPT ED says that the offset went to the loans they currently had, and not the ones Im already being garnshed for Smiley Sad help....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.