cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If student loan is in rehab, can another CA try to collect on same loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If student loan is in rehab, can another CA try to collect on same loan?

I am in rehab for a SL that I had with Sallie Mae.  I will be finished in November.  The original grantor, USA Funds or something like that, has just reported the SLs as a CO on my CR.  I have just started to receive calls from Premiere Credit about a SL but they really don't say who its for it just a recorded message saying they are trying to collect a debt for a SL.

My question is, if I'm in rehab currently with Pioneer Credit Recovery, can this Premiere Credit still try to collect on the same debt?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If student loan is in rehab, can another CA try to collect on same loan?

It doesn't make any sense that another ca would try to collect on a loan that is successfully in rehab.  Maybe you lapsed on the rehab loan at some point?  Maybe there's another student loan out there?  I think I would DV the second company . . .
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pioneer Credit Recovery- is owned by Sallie Mae

So this all sounds fishy-
Likley Right hand is not talking to the left.

I would raise some he double hockey sticks
Message 3 of 6
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Timothy wrote:
Pioneer Credit Recovery- is owned by Sallie Mae

So this all sounds fishy-
Likley Right hand is not talking to the left.

I would raise some he double hockey sticks

Nothing is fishy...Pioneer may be a SM company but the loan in question has already been defaulted back to USAF.  Pioneer works as a CA contractor for many FFELP guarantors and the DOE.

It is quite posiible that there is another loan out there...I saw it happen all too many times.  Simple solution.  Call the second CA and find out why they are calling.  If it is the same loan or another loan that is owned by USAF, simply hang up and call pioneer back.  Since Pioneer set up the rehab, they are entitled to keep it and if it was accidently moved, the client will move it back.  If it is a second loan, USAF will move it to Pioneer, so multiple agencies are not calling.
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been completely success in my rehab program and I haven't missed anything yet and always paid on time.  I have 2 loans through Sallie Mae which are both included in the rehab program I am currently on.  I have no other loans.  The next time they call I will answer to see what they are trying to do.  Pioneer still calls me a couple days before they take the payment from my account so I know everything is still good with them because they still call me and they send a letter saying to expect the payment to come out of my account.

I only have like 4 months left so I really wouldn't see a new CA taking over especially since they are still contacting me.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Message 5 of 6
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

kawgirl23 wrote:
  The next time they call I will answer to see what they are trying to do. 

Waiting is what causes most people to get into default trouble in the first place.  Be proactive and call NOW!
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.