Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its about time!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its about time!!

Well it finally happened!  After 10 years of payments and working for an elligble organization my student loans have been forgiven!  I never thought after all of the headaches and countless phone calls and such that it would actually happen!  To say I am relieved is an understatment!

For anyone looking to do the PSLF program you better be on top of your game with documenting payments yourself, taking good notes and being persistant! 

So now you know of someone who actually had their loans forgiven!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Its about time!!

Lab07: Wow!! Congrats to the max!!

Can you keep us updated on what happens to your credit score?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I will! I suspect that after getting rid of 65k of debt and only having 2 credit cards, no car or house payments that it will go down. But.... my DTI ratio will go down as well. If someone has any insight I’d love to learn more.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the people in the rebuilding and FICO score threads can give you a better idea as to the point range. It's probably your oldest account, right? But depending on how old your credit cards are, it might not matter. You might lose points for not having an open installment loan, but that can be easily corrected with the SSL technique if you ever needed the point boost. You'll gain a bunch I think from not having a loan I assume was >100% util. My guess is you're going to be in good credit health! It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
$65k erased! Glad all your hard work paid off! 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.