Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement

I am in the process of trying to rebuild my credit.  I went to college from 1996-1999 (I didn't finish).  I became a single mom of 2 while going-which is partly why I couldn't finish.  I had accumulated roughly $25000 in student loans.  About 7000 of this was from my state (WI).  When I dropped out, I literally couldn't pay them.  I was even told by a collection agency on the federal loans to go on food stamps so I could send them money.  Anyway, after years of my tax returns and wages being garnished by the gov. and a judgement entered against me by the university, I am trying to get back in shape.  My federal loans are back from default and I am paying on them each month.  The university, however, is garnishing my wages.  Unfortunately, the $5000 I had left to pay turned into $12000 after interest, so I still have about $9000 left to pay on them.  My question is-the judgements were entered on 10/99 and 2/00.  Should they still be on my credit report?  They have had to renew the garnishment a couple of times, but I was hoping that even though it will be a while before I pay them off-that it could fall off of my credit report.  I have 2 years of good credit, 2 cards that are paid on time every month with very low balances, but I feel like these judgements will haunt me forever!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgement

I apologize for not knowing the answer to this...but there is a "Rebuilding Your Credit" forum, and I think the folks over there can give you some wisdom on judgements. You might try posting your question there.

Good luck...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.