cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just finished rehab - confused about calls from new collection agency

Highlighted
Contributor

Just finished rehab - confused about calls from new collection agency

So, I just made my final payment for rehab 4/15/2018 and the debt company (Coast) I've been rehabbing through told me they would report my rehab complete on 4/25 and then I could start checking to see when it was picked up by a new servicer. 

Well, starting three days ago, GC services has been calling me daily and not leaving a message. From what I understand, that is another debt collector for Federal Loans and they only operate as a debt collector and not a servicer for loans in good standing. I am so confused as to why they would begin calling me when they have never been the servicer for my defaulted loans and ALL my federal loans are now rehabbed. I know it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone have any insite into why that might be? I was so excited to finish this program and maybe finally see some gains in my credit score...but now I'm worried to have a new creditor hounding me out of the blue. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.