cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just finished student loan Rehabilitation, need help with removing lates/possible GW letter

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: Just finished student loan Rehabilitation, need help with removing lates/possible GW letter

Mine were just picked up too! Im in the fence about redisputing as well... Would it be helpful to send a letter with proof that myrehab is finished... Im so worried about reaging or adding in lates on the original dept if ed.. Last dispute caused a reclassification of the loan into the collections portion of my TU report and I saw a loss if points
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 41 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Just finished student loan Rehabilitation, need help with removing lates/possible GW letter

That just happened to mine also , I had so many Tradelines and I disputed that there should only be 2 well it came back updated as collections .....Sigh....that's what I am gonna do as soon as I fibish my rehab, gonna send in proof to the CRA to speed the process up some I hope . What kind of proof do they give you when you finosh btw?
Message 42 of 84
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

They sent me a nice congrats letter stating my SL were now in good standing
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 43 of 84
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

I did a second online dispute this morning to all 3 CBs.  We'll see what happens next.  I'll provide updates.  Staying optimistic.

Message 44 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

OK thanks , plz keep me posted both of you !
Message 45 of 84
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE 7/6/16

Good News first.....EQ has apparently deleted my US DEPT ED loan derogs and according to my CK FAKO my score has gone up 50 points.

Now the Bad news.....I just learned 20 minutes ago that all of my student loans were not included in the rehab.  Apparently I had 2 loans under NAVIENT/USA FUNDS that needed to be addressed Smiley Sad

I just set them up on rehab today.  According to the rep by making a payment today, tomorrow and 7/30 I will be accelerated into the program and 3 months will be shaved off giving me a rehab finish line of 1/30/17.  I have to admit that initially when I heard this news, for a second I thought this was nothing but a set back AND I could have inadvertently started those baddies all over again (NEGATIVE THOUGHTS).  After that second passed, I thought well at least I can rehab these loans and per the rep (and according to the rehab I just finished) the DEROGS will be deleted after I finish this rehab.  

I feel that I have grown a lot in this past year.  I have been through some major set backs yes, but the one thing that sticks with me is that as long as I am optimistic and do the footwork, my situation will get better.  Still haven't heard from TU and EX yet regarding my second attempt to delete US DEPT ED derogs.  I may have to wait those 60 days out.  For anyone just starting this process, please take from this experience and be sure to get ALL of your student loans accounted for before starting the rehab process.  I have set my rebuild back roughly 7 months because of this mistake but in the grand scheme of it all that's nothing.  I'm still on the road to recovery.

Message 46 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Good on your update for the one CRA , and 50 pts yay!! Sorry to hear about your bump in the road 😢 it will all be okay and once it's over we will appreciate where we are that much more , bc of where we have been . And we will know not to make the mistakes that got us in those situations again. Keep me updated on anything else plz I'm patiently waiting these last two rehab payment of mine, also one question , was your entire Tradeline removed or just the default status , did the lates stay?
Message 47 of 84
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement Aduke! Smiley Happy

As for the TLs they were listed as 10 separate accounts and it is a bit confusing to me.  CK says that the accounts were removed but this just happened within the last few days.  However, the credit report ran a week ago still shows the accounts under investigation.  So, either CK is getting ahead of themselves OR I don't have the most recent report.  Another thing I find to be odd is, I haven't received any alerts from the FICO8 monitoring regarding the deleted TLs on EQ.  I thought that when changes are made to your credit report, you are suppose to get some type of alert.  I guess I don't have the gist of all this quite yet.

I really would like to get some advice on the alerts.  So please, if anyone is subscribed to receive FICO8 alerts thru the myFICO product, please let me know if I should have gotten an alert for the change on the EQ report.   

Message 48 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I have had 3 or 4 baddies deleted in the last mth and never once got a freaking alert , I used to get alerts all the time wit CCT my fico 08 but seeks like the last few mths only getting one when score changes . Amd sometimes not even then .
Message 49 of 84
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Update

Not exactly the good news I was hoping for but here it goes....

As of 7/24 Both EX & EQ have deleted 6 of the student loan baddies after the rehab but there are still 6 baddies remaining.  All are listed as DPT ED/SLM.  Wasn't sure why they weren't removed since there other ones were; so I looked them over with a fine tooth comb and realized that the ones that were NOT removed are the exact same ones that are now under FedLoan Servicing, my new servicer.  But wait...I thought that they were going to add new TLs and the old ones would be deleted?  Does this mean they will remain on the report and 6 new TLs will appear or am I keeping the same TLs?

Now I'm not sure how to proceed with this.  I went back to read some literature on loan rehabilitation and found this...

Benefits of Loan Rehabilitation

Once your loan is rehabilitated, the default status will be removed from your loan. You will regain eligibility for benefits that were available on the loan before you defaulted, such as deferment,forbearance, a choice of repayment plans, and loan forgiveness, and you will be eligible to receive additional federal student aid. In addition, national consumer reporting agencies (credit bureaus) will be instructed to remove the record of the default from your credit history for the rehabilitated loan. However, late payments reported before the loan defaulted will not be removed from your credit history.  This information can be found on https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/default/get-out#loan-rehab

I refuse to give up on this.  It's been almost 30 days since my last dispute.  Maybe I'll wait another 30 to see what happens.  Maybe 6 new TLs will appear stating that I am paying on time.  

As for TU there were no changes to the account.  They verified everything as accurate.  I am open to suggestions on what my next course of action should be.  Anyone?

Message 50 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.