cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just finished student loan Rehabilitation, need help with removing lates/possible GW letter

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Just finished student loan Rehabilitation, need help with removing lates/possible GW letter

True that they do not have to delete late pays and such , they are only suposed to delete any notes of default and all that , but alot of ppl have gotten lucky and gotten the entire Tradelines removed , so I'm still confused as to why they deleted 6 of them but not the other 6 ? This doesn't make amy sense to me? Sorry you are having trouble with it , I hope you can get it squared away soon.

So has the new servicer reported your loans yet ? I think I would try one more time for a dispute , if that doesn't work I would plead and beg whoever has the old Tradelines to please remove them or the late payments associated with them.
Message 51 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Just finished student loan Rehabilitation, need help with removing lates/possible GW letter

This doesn't give me much hope for mine next mth, this is something I have spent the last 8 mths obsessing about the outcome. I only have 2 bad TLs on my reports , I can't imagine how you must feel having so dang many to tackle .
Message 52 of 84
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Update 8/7/16

TU deleted all but ONE baddy SLs!  Currently I only have 2 accounts showing on my entire TU report and 1 of them is the CAP1 I just opened last month.  Thing is the 1 SL that is left on that report states it was last updated 3 years ago.  So I don't know if I missed that one in the dispute until I go through all of my printouts to take a closer look.

I started this journey using FAKOs from CK but decided it was best to get the my true FICO8 scores.  So I really started with EQ/528, EX/513, TU/515.  With the removal of some of the SLs and my 1st CL in ages now reporting it's first month with a 7% UTL, my scores as of today are EQ/627, EX/606, TU/641.  

But wait....the new TLs from my new SL servicer still haven't showed up yet.  I went back and read over Malm's post and it looks like Malm didn't see the new SL TLs until 2 payments in.  My second payment will be this month.  Hopefully by the 1st or 2nd week in September they'll show up.

Now....What do I do from this point in my rebuilding stage?  Do I just keep the 1 card for a few months or did I make a mistake by not apping for 3 new TLs at one time?  I thought about doing OpenSky but there aren't any rewards or PCs available with that card.  I travel a lot so I'd like to have a card that would be useful for traveling.

Message 53 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Great news that everything was deleted besides the one SL . Maybe you can get that off of there also . It is said that you need 3 revolving lines to maximize scores .
Message 54 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would avoid Open Sky if you can and try for something better that has the option to graduate or you may even be able to get an unsecured now with your scores . I just got my first unsecured line and my SL is still showing in default until I make my last payment this mth. Navy fed really blessed me with that .
Message 55 of 84
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your unsecured Aduke!  I'm really nervous of getting denials.  I'm not sure who would approve me with only 1 month of good payment history showing on a new account.  I say this since it has been made clear by many here that having 3-6 months of payment history in rebuilding has seem to do the trick with regards to your next approval.  

TU has the best score (641) but the 2 TLs on there is the new one with only 1 month reporting and the SL which is shows 9 missed payments from 2012-2013.  Funny thing is there is no history showing after 2013 which makes me even more tempted to hit the dispute button.  I just don't want to inadvertently have them realize that the others were "accidentally deleted"  if that's what happened.

EQ is next with (627) but shows 7 closed SLs with 0 balance but 11 missed payments and 2 SLs charged off. (not sure why it's different from the other CRAs).  It started out with 15 accounts but 6 were deleted.  All of this as an outcome to the rehab and disputes.

EX the worst with (606) showing 5 closed SLs with 0 balance but 10 missed payments (again, not sure why so different). It started out as 11 and again the outcome of the rehab and disputes.

My thinking is to wait until the new TLs kick in (fingers crossed in early September).  If they show up on my report dating back to 2008 with no payments missed and pays as agreed, I feel like I may get another boost in my score.  If it shows up as 6 TLs that would be even better.  Not sure of how much of a boost I would get but if the credit God's love me enough to get me to 680-690, I'm sure I'll feel much more confident to app for an unsecured then.

Or maybe I'm giving this fear of rejection phase to much amo. Smiley Wink

Message 56 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I feel you about the fear of being rejected thing . I had never has any kind of credit cards until this year when I had to repair my credit and rebuild . I would suggest that you join a Credit Union , if you are not already a member of one. They are much more giving than regular banks and they care about their member . They would most likely give you a shot with an unsecured line. Why don't you join navy federal? There is a new way in for those who don't have a sponser now. They approve with scores starting at 580. Just read some of the treads on here about them .

I would more than likely dispute that tradeline if it were me, that is gonna weight your scores down pretty hard . I know the day my loan gets picked up by my new servicer I'm disputing all of my bad Tradelines. Either way good luck to you . And I had to recon my approval with my new card it was instantly denied bc of my default but I had took two HPs for it and I wasn't about to give in without a fight plus Navy fed is really awesome about reconsiderations.
Message 57 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Or I'm sure once your new loans are added it will give you the boost and payment history you need to for sure get approvals . But seriously think about the credit unions , do some digging on here .
Message 58 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined the myfico club less than 2 weeks and just wanted to say this thread alone helped my transunion score jump 6 points. I rehabbed my loans almost 2 years ago but discovered that tu and eq were still negatively reporting 3 us dept of ed loans. I went online to dispute each one this past weekend and was contacted yesterday by tu that they had deleted all 3. I was also notified by eq that they were under investigation but crossing my fingers for the same result. Just wanted to share my experience and thank everyone for the helpful advice. 

8/17/16 update: equifax also deleted the old 3 usdoe loans and my score jumped 15 points. thanks again 

Message 59 of 84
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

First off welcome to My Fico Eru37 , this is why we are here , glad it helped you . This is exactly why we have to stay on top of the Rehab thing and dispute ourselves bc I think sometimes things slip thru the cracks and if it were not for this forum I would have no idea about it all either . I have one more payment due this mth and I am done with Rehab amd repairing . Keep us posted on the rest of your results , I will be disputing all negative Tradelines on mine as soon as I get official word that my loans are picked up by a new lender .
Message 60 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.