Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Showing

tag
dpsyche4
New Contributor

Late Payment Showing

I need some help understanding how its possible for my student loan to show 90 days late  back in 2016, when the month before and after the 90 late notification, show as current. See screenshot. I disputed and the response I received was that it was "valid" - but it does not make sense. I am hoping to get this removed - but its been very difficult. Any explanation or advice? 

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 9.55.39 PM.png

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Payment Showing

Start with the servicer and let them know that they are reporting inaccurate information and if they don't fix it you can file a complaint with the cfpb and your state attorney general. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is wrong. Servicers often don't report the loans late until 90 days.
All that's going to happen by disputing it is they could add the 30 & 60.
Message 3 of 8
Mookey67
Contributor

Federal loans are not reported negatively until 90 days. That’s why there is no 30 or 60 day and it will say current until then
Exp - 850 TU - 846 EQ - 846
Message 4 of 8
Mookey67
Contributor

You must have bought it current somehow before it reached 120 days delinquent
Exp - 850 TU - 846 EQ - 846
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always view it on all three credit reports and see if they all match, if they don't then you can dispute its inaccurate information and request for them to update it so its accurate.

Message 6 of 8
calyx
Super Contributor

Like others said - student loan negatives don't generally report 30 & 60d lates.

Your best chances are just by doing a goodwill saturation method, which you can search in the rebuilding forum.   It's a longshot, but probably the only one you have.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 8
dpsyche4
New Contributor

Thank you everyone I wasn't aware they did not report 30 and 60 day lates, which is why this did not make sense to me! I will go the goodwill route and see if this can be removed. *Fingers crossed*

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.