Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments GW-ed from MOHELA

tag
Mandazoid
Contributor

Late Payments GW-ed from MOHELA

Hi, everyone.

I posted this in the Rebuilding Credit forum, but I thought I'd post an abbreviated version here, as well, in case it would help any of you.

I have a student loan through MOHELA that has been open since 2004. My CR was showing that I had one 30-day, one 60-day, and one 120-day late reporting on it from fall 2005.  I found the address of the Executive Director and I sent him an email around 1:00 a.m. EST last night. I got a voicemail on my lunch hour this afternoon from someone at MOHELA  who said that a request has been sent to all three credit bureaus to remove the late payments from my history and that a letter to that effect is in the mail to me today. .

Additionally, I logged into my email and saw the following two replies to my initial emailed request:

Reply from the executive director at 12:16 p.m. EST today:

Amanda:

Thank you for your request.  Yes, we will definitely be happy to accommodate your request.  Most importantly, it is great to hear that you completed your degree.  I have passed along your request to Mary _____, our Director of operations.  The change will be made promptly, however, I am not sure how long it will take to make its way completely into all of the databases of various credit reporting agencies.  Mary or her staff will respond to you via email when this has been completed.  I wish you the best of luck in purchasing a new car!

Reply from Mary, the director of operations, at 12:48 p.m. EST today:

Amanda:

Your request has been completed.  Normally it takes approximately 30 days or so for the various credit reporting agencies to update their database.  We also sent you today a letter outlining the updates made for your records. 

If you should need anything further, please let us know. 

Thank you!

Not bad for my first GW attempt ever, eh? :smileyhappy:

If any of you would like the email address I used to contact MOHELA or to see the email that I sent, please let me know and I'll send via PM. I'm happy to help when I can! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 609 (8/23/11)
Current Score: TU: 805 (5/27/16)
Goal Score: 820
Message 1 of 128
127 REPLIES 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Payments GW-ed from MOHELA

I would love to have this information.  Thanks.

Message 2 of 128
dharalex
Established Contributor

Congrats! That's a super achievement. I have 1 60 late on a 6 year ACS loan, and they won't help....so I'm really happy for you!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 3 of 128
Mandazoid
Contributor

Thanks, dharalex! I was very excited. Smiley Happy

dmbully, I'm sending a PM now!

Message 4 of 128
Nubging23

Please pm the info, Mandazoid! That is awesome!!! Thanks.
Message 5 of 128
freddyp3

I would love to have that email address.I rehabilitated all of mt loans. The Student Loan Gaurantee of Arkansas deleted everything. However, Mohela refuses to remove anything.

Starting Score: 562
Current Score: 562
Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 128
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Cheers. Mohela now services my DoE loans from graduate school. Their website sucks though. I'm not late and won't be late anytime soon. My Nelnet serviced undergraduate loans have lates on them after I was denied forbearance and I did not know. Boy they are not forgiving at all.

Message 7 of 128
Mandazoid
Contributor

I've PM-ed you both! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!  Is there anyway you could PM me that email address?  All my other attempts with MOHELA have failed Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 128
Mandazoid
Contributor

PM sent! Best of luck! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 128
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.