Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livid at Equifax- Paid default student loan issue

tag
Rottweilerlvr
Contributor

Livid at Equifax- Paid default student loan issue

I'm getting the run around with Equifax and Student loans. Both tell me I need to call the other and that this is the others fault. I really don't care whose fault this is, I just want it fixed. I got an alert with Credit Karma that something changed with Equifax and my score plummeted. Equifax is reporting 120 day late payment in February when I paid my (default) student loans off in July 2020. I disputed and it just came back as verified. Robot Mad How am I 120 days late on a paid account? And more importantly, what do I do? 
AC629605-5DAF-448E-95C9-BE5A6664F0BA.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Livid at Equifax- Paid default student loan issue

@Rottweilerlvr wrote:

I'm getting the run around with Equifax and Student loans. Both tell me I need to call the other and that this is the others fault. I really don't care whose fault this is, I just want it fixed. I got an alert with Credit Karma that something changed with Equifax and my score plummeted. Equifax is reporting 120 day late payment in February when I paid my (default) student loans off in July 2020. I disputed and it just came back as verified. Robot Mad How am I 120 days late on a paid account? And more importantly, what do I do? 

Did you rehab this SL or just pay it off?

Message 2 of 4
Rottweilerlvr
Contributor

Just paid it off in 8 weeks last summer when I was working 12 hr shifts, 6 days a week. Know nothing about rehabbing. Equifax did take the 120 off for February. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rottweilerlvr wrote:

Did you rehab this SL or just pay it off?

Message 3 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

Equifax can only report what the Dept of Ed gives them, so ultimately it's the Dept of Ed's issue.

If you haven't already, I would send them a letter to correct the reporting if you haven't already (not a phone call).
If they haven't resolved it after written communication, file a complaint with the CFPB with the timeline & copies of any correspondance as supporting evidence.

I had a similar issue with them a couple of years ago, and it took a CFPB complaint to get it fixed.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.