Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Question

tag
Jerryf08
New Contributor

Loan Question

Last summer i needed a small $500 loan to help pay for a class. I already paid $250 into it and I can pay it off right now actually. My question is would it hurt my AAoA if I competely pay it off right now? It's a 6 month old loan as of now. If I pay it off will it stay as a 6 month old account? If it does, my plan is to set the $250 aside and pay it off later down the road. It's a subsidized federal loan so right now it's still 0% interest.

Any help is great, thanks

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Loan Question

It's up to you. 

Don't worry about the AAoA, as it won't matter that much in the long run.  Don't let that be the basis for your decision.

If it were me, since it's such a small amount, and you don't have to worry about interest accruing, I'd keep the tradeline going until I was done with school and my grace period ended as far as interest goes. If I had any balance owed after that, I'd PIF before interest accrued.  But that's just me.   

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.