cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Rehab - Fedloan Serving new servicer ... new tradelines?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan Rehab - Fedloan Serving new servicer ... new tradelines?

Well, I'd like to throw my story in the ring.  

I'm in the exact same boat as you.  I finished my rehab, everything was going along swimmingly (federal loans that went to FedLoan servicing, and I am no stranger to that site).  Waited patiently for everything to update.  None of the original delinquencies were removed.  All still show in bright red missed payments, 120+ days, last derogatory date is the date I entered the rehab program. The works.  I'm curious if you did anything in particular, because I called and called and was told numerous times that all original late payments would be there for 7 years.  Finally got so fed up, paid them off in full one day.  This actually ended up tanking my AAoA and years later I would find out that the default was never removed and now that the account is closed there's nothing they will do to get rid of it.  Painful costly lesson to not pay loans off early.

This was a few years back so I'm not really sure what happened to my scores but I have been sucking it up all this time.  Congrats on getting them them taken care of.   I'll try to stay optimistic for everyone else, but **bleep** this board can be depressing at times.

Message 21 of 44
LindysMom
Regular Contributor

Hey Achieving, I'm really sorry that happened to you.  I remember feeling relieved just to get them out of default & showing current that I honestly didn't 100% care how the tradeline history showed.  There really seems to be no rhyme or reason for someone to get them deleted & someone to still show them.  I did call the DOE several times while the loans were transitioning, but I didn't formally file a dispute or complaint.  Calling more to inquire about "status updates" really.

Don't fret, I still have private loans through Navient that are a total cluster-you-know-what .... That is probably worse than my federal loans because I have been paying on them for years and years, on time, full amount, and they are still a nightmare.  Iyiyiy

My FICO Scores:
9/17: EQ - 542 / TU - 535 / EX - 506 // Mortgage: 553, 545, 486
10/ 17: EQ - 558 / TU - 563 / EX - 586 // Mortgage: 554, 568, 536
11/17: EQ - 630 / TU - 589 / EX - 614 // Mortgage: 606, 606, 572
12/17: EQ - 630 / TU - 624 / EX - 619 // Mortgage: 584, 612, 671

9/18: EQ - 676 / TU - 676 / EX - 643 // Mortgage: 652, 628, 606

Journey Milestones: Completed Federal Student Loan Rehab in Sept 2017. Settled First Premier Bank CC in August 2017. Constant uphill battle with Navient incorrect reporting on seven (7!) private student loans. No TLs listed in delinquency. Obsessively keeping 2 CC UTI @ 7-9% monthly.

End Goal: Pre-Approval for FHA Spring/Summer 2018 (COMPLETED)
New End Goal: 700+ Spring 2019
Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I find the most frustrating about the whole process. They give us these arcane ridiculous rules to live by (why 9 payments and not 12? I don't get it, but ok) -- and we jump through all the hoops we're supposed to and then there is still this element of the unknown.  On another thread we're discussing how SSL Alliant loans are helping some people and hurting others who have as far as we can tell identical reports.  It's maddening for sure.

Thanks for the kind words, I didn't mean to imply that I wanted others to suffer. I'm glad at least someone got out of the rehab process with something to show for it Smiley Happy  I'm going to file another complaint with the Ombudsman's office I guess.

Wish me luck.

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

No updates on the SL TLs from last posting.

It's so strange to me how each CB does things. EQ has removed all except 5 (unsure why those remained bc they say DOE/SallieMae), but TU still is showing 26 (the original 13 TWICE, once for DOE/Sallie Mae and the original Sallie Mae) and all of that still says delinquent. I am going to call DOE and see what the problem is in accurately reporting. My FedLoan accounts have not been updated to add the new accts either. I was thinking of waiting until FL started reporting then calling DOE.

Scores currently at Ex 681 Tu 681 Eq 679...

These SLs are wearing me down!!! I'm getting to the point where I don't even care what they report. It states on my CR that they are to be removed 10/18. It's only 11 months... I can wait.
Message 24 of 44
LindysMom
Regular Contributor

MtgGoal4Me- Your scores look really good.  Smiley Happy I bet once everything settles in, it will only keep going up!  Still no FedLoan TLs for me either, which is funny, because I just opened a CareCredit acct less than 3 days ago & that is popping up all over the place lol!

My FICO Scores:

Journey Milestones: Completed Federal Student Loan Rehab in Sept 2017. Settled First Premier Bank CC in August 2017. Constant uphill battle with Navient incorrect reporting on seven (7!) private student loans. No TLs listed in delinquency. Obsessively keeping 2 CC UTI @ 7-9% monthly.

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like I'm stuck and can't get my scores to hit the 700.... I know if I could get these SLs corrected that may give me the 20pts I want sooo badly lol... But I'm still working on my patience🤷🏽‍♀️
Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just completed rehab and I hired a dispute company to flood the creditors with letters, because I am wanting to avoid that situation exactly. I'll let you know when I get results (3 more weeks, I completed it 10 days ago).

From my experience, dispute letters written by lawyers are very effective at keeping them on their toes and deleting bad TLs and collection records
Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought about lawyers, too, until I had the misfortune of hiring the wrong ones.  Now I'm labeled a "frivolous disputer" and everything I want to dispute has to go through a laborious process.  Be careful.

Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what triggered That? Sounds like something I'd like to avoid. I hired continental credit out of colorado
Message 29 of 44
LindysMom
Regular Contributor

800-That's the same company my mtg broker referred me to.  

My FICO Scores:

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.