Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan default maybe?

tag
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

Loan default maybe?

Hey friends, I’ve received a statement from Fedloan servicing saying my loans have never been in default. However, i realized only today that the 120 days late delinquencies are on loans from DLSS, not fedloan servicing. Are these the same company? What’s my next step? Who is direct loan serv system?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan default maybe?

My guess is that your FedLoan student loans are in default. Have you been paying them regularly? Do you have any other student loans?

(Direct Loan Servicing System is just the "system" that updates you loan status, example: defaulted, in repayment, in grace, etc. They aren't a loan servicer)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you check out the NSLDS (National Student Loan Database), it will tell you the status of the loan and who it's with.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this was a couple of months ago but this info may be useful to someone looking to delete Direct Loan Servicing system account.
I was told any dispute with the cras involving DLSS will be deleted as they are no longer in existence.
I had a DLSS acct (federal student loan) with 7 or 8 120 day lates that was " transferred to another office" (dept of ed/navient)
I disputed with all 3 bureaus on Monday ( no knowledge of account)
TU deleted Wednesday
EQ and EX deleted Friday
It was due to drop off in 18 months but NOW is so much nicer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something similar happened to me.
These things cannot be removed by any right, but more so based upon the technical part of the dispute process. I believe that when they contact a servicer that has gone out of business, since there is nobody to verify the information, it just gets deleted. They information is supposed to be transferred to the new servicer but really, all servicers are horrible with paperwork.
Congrats on getting it removed early. 😀
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.