cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan went to CA! No establish credit! What should I do?!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan went to CA! No establish credit! What should I do?!!

For a friend!!Smiley Happy

Loan sent to Collections but he doesn't have any establish credit!! No credit cards nothing! What should he do?? Please help!! 

We he ever get approved for a CC???

thank you!!
McMluvjz23

Message Edited by McMluvjz23 on 05-13-2008 01:14 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan went to CA! No establish credit! What should I do?!!

He shouldn't be thinking about CCs just yet. Work on getting the SL taken care of first. Call the original SL company & ask about a rehab program. Anything to get that negative listing off his CR. Once the SL is handled, then start thinking about CCs. I don't mean "handled" as in PIF, but at least on a payment plan and give that six months or so of payment history first. That will also give him an idea as to how much expendable $$ will be in his budget to see if a creditor will even offer him a CC, too.

He needs to teach himself how to pay, and pay on time, first. If the SL is the only history he's had, and he hasn't managed that well, yet, then he needs to focus on that before he potentially racks up even more debt. Just give it a few months. Step #1 is taking care of that SL.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.