Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loans consolidated but loans still appear on credit seperately

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loans consolidated but loans still appear on credit seperately

Hello.

I consolidated my loans into one about a year ago, however not only only is this consolidated loan showing (favorably) but the loans are also reporting individually as well. I want to remove them if for no other reason than to clean up what my credit report looks like. It looks like I have all these loans when it should only be showing 1 big one. Any ideas how I can get those individual loans (which are showing closed by the way) totally off my credit report? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Loans consolidated but loans still appear on credit seperately

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello.

I consolidated my loans into one about a year ago, however not only only is this consolidated loan showing (favorably) but the loans are also reporting individually as well. I want to remove them if for no other reason than to clean up what my credit report looks like. It looks like I have all these loans when it should only be showing 1 big one. Any ideas how I can get those individual loans (which are showing closed by the way) totally off my credit report? 

Thanks in advance.

Are they showing as open or closed? 

The correct reporting should be all of the old loans as closed 0 balance. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are showing as closed. I just want them taken off my report because it looks extremely cluttered .

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't really a mechanism for removing a closed positive account from your credit report. You probably wouldn't want to remove them anyway as you would lose the positives that go along with those loans (i.e. good payment history, account age, etc.) You should also not be concerned that a creditor will somehow see you as someone with a bunch of loans. They'll know how to read the report. I have at least 40 entries on my credit report from student loans. They were individual loans when taken out each semester. They would get sold to a different bank. I consolidated once, but it wasn't a complete consolidation. Then eventually I did do a complete consolidation. And now I have one big loan and a million closed loan accounts. No big deal. 

Message 4 of 7
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There isn't really a mechanism for removing a closed positive account from your credit report. You probably wouldn't want to remove them anyway as you would lose the positives that go along with those loans (i.e. good payment history, account age, etc.) You should also not be concerned that a creditor will somehow see you as someone with a bunch of loans. They'll know how to read the report. I have at least 40 entries on my credit report from student loans. They were individual loans when taken out each semester. They would get sold to a different bank. I consolidated once, but it wasn't a complete consolidation. Then eventually I did do a complete consolidation. And now I have one big loan and a million closed loan accounts. No big deal. 

+100

Those closed, positive loans are doing a ton of good for your overall credit.  Leave them be!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are showing as closed. I just want them taken off my report because it looks extremely cluttered .

If your goal is to get to a 800 like your signature says then you really want to keep those accounts. They add both age and "thickness" to your file which are good for your score. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good credit is often messy, lol! They are helpingng you. Unfortunately loan servicers will encourage you to consolidate when the original aging accounts actually help you more. The other side of that is if your report is heavily weighted to those positive tradeliness, be prepared for that loss when they fall off. 

Good luck to 800!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.