Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max amount for school???

tag
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Max amount for school???

hello everyone, i was wonder if there was a max in the amount of loan money from the fed that a first time college student can take out.

Message Edited by shyboy on 06-22-2008 09:10 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Max amount for school???

There is..  but  I don't remember what it is.  I DO remember that I managed to reach it, tho.  LOL

If you go on either the school's website or the fed's website you should be able to find the max amt based on school status.

(I topped out with undergrad funding while working on my MS, while not truly admitted to a graduate degree program -- just licensing only.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 5
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

For a freshman it is $5500, $3,500 between subsidized and unsubsidized, plus an additional $2,000 unsubsidized
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 3 of 5
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

thank you everyone. This is crazy. It's better then nothing but this is crazy, going to school these days cost alot and thats all they can mange to give. So now the student have to come up with the rest of the cost??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

$44,000 for undergrad

They are planning on increasing this amount on 7/1/08
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.