Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement on Borrowers defense

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Movement on Borrowers defense

I attended UoP online and it was terrible and they have faced lawsuites etc. They were on of the schools on the list for Borrowers defense. No all of a sudden today my loans were put in forbearance and I got an email regarding the two lawsuits and which case I was in. IDK if this means anything but maybe after months of nothing the Dept. of Ed and Betsy DeVos may be forced to do something.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Movement on Borrowers defense

University of Phoenix announced last week they were forgiving loans.  Maybe this is included?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good to hear.  We have not heard anything here yet but this is promising!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sccredit wrote:

University of Phoenix announced last week they were forgiving loans.  Maybe this is included?

The dates they were forgiving loans didn't fall under when I was enrolled. Which is BS because their degrees are useless and they lied about their job placement rates. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

By limiting the topic of the forgiveness (advertising that they were working with big tech companies when they were not) there effectively limited the scope of the settlement. The investigation was only over fraudulent advertising anyway. The CFPB would be in charge of spanking and ending schools and they have been removed from using their authority. The ex-director even resigned over this.
Legal action is the only way out of this imo, because it hurts them where it matter most. I really hope an those involved the best and some much-needed relief.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.