Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVIENT SCREWED MY FICO SCORE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NAVIENT SCREWED MY FICO SCORE

I had been paying monthly installments on my student loan to ACS.  ACS was taken over by Navient.  I still continued to pay my installments and changed the payee to Navient via my Wells Fargo Bill Pay.  However Navient has NOT been reporting my payments to Equifax, Experian and Trans Union.  My payment history has been confirmed in Navient's account history.  This has been going on since October 2016 when Navient took over ACS.  I had my FICO score drop from 816 to 786 because the "Big Three" think I have not been making my monthly payments.  Has anyone else using Navient has the same problem with credit reporting?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAVIENT SCREWED MY FICO SCORE

I have had them not report here and there and it has never impacted my score.  I am pretty sure "not reported" does not equal "not paying" in scoring models.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might effect OP's payment history average. Might not count as a missed but it won't count as a payment either. 

Message 3 of 14
girlonmission
Valued Member

yes. i have a lot of that. it really screws up my average.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had been paying monthly installments on my student loan to ACS.  ACS was taken over by Navient.  I still continued to pay my installments and changed the payee to Navient via my Wells Fargo Bill Pay.  However Navient has NOT been reporting my payments to Equifax, Experian and Trans Union.  My payment history has been confirmed in Navient's account history.  This has been going on since October 2016 when Navient took over ACS.  I had my FICO score drop from 816 to 786 because the "Big Three" think I have not been making my monthly payments.  Has anyone else using Navient has the same problem with credit reporting?

I have and I filed a dispute and had it corrected. Called Navient and requested they report my payments regularly. I have had to do this 2 or 3 times. I'm angry that when I did have late payments 3 years ago, they had no issue with reporting that..lol. Good luck!!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have been doing this to me as well!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last time they reported mine was January of 2015.  2 full years ago  I have called and called.  They said that mine was part of a software update and that is why it's not reporting.  They said that they had no ETA of when it will be fixed, but when it's fixed it will update all the past payments. Not sure I believe that, but It's showing that I owe more than what I actually do on my credit, so I just end up disputing the amount owed every so often.  Not sure if that's what I should be doing, but it makes Navient update the information at least.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent Navient a certified letter with all necessary documentation.  I called on Monday and the customer rep let me know that it was received.  She told me she would send on the letter and I would hear from them in 30 days.  I'll just wait and see and I will be sending letters to the Big 3.  I'm not holding my breath on Navient expediting help to me.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They had no problem reporting my payments as late while going through consolidation process for me. Now those accounts show as multiple late payments. Recently sent letters to both Navient as well as reporting agencies. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess what?  Navient sent me a letter back saying that ACS should have been reporting my payments.  Their letter arrived this past Monday.  I was going to send a rebuttal but before I did I checked my FICO score and it was raised 51 points because someone else in Navient decided I was correct and they FINALLY reported all of my payments to the Big Three and I had my reputation restored.  I am thinking about tripling my payments to Navient so I can get them out of my life asap but I will be eating only one meal a day.  It will be worth it as I need to shed a few pounds.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.