Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Management experience?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Credit Management experience?

Trying to get an FHA loan and out of left field a colelction pops up from National Credit Management in regards to an old college tuition they say I owe, although I disputed it because I have never attended school outside of financial aid. Does anyone have experience working with this company? Pay for delete a possibility? Any advice to get this thing removed paid or unpaid? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National Credit Management experience?

Im the only one to have dealings with this company?

Message 2 of 4
Tazman81
Established Contributor

I have not heard of this company.  Is this for a federal student loan that wasn't paid?  Or is this for tuition that wasn't paid and the university turned it over to a collection agency?  Each scenario would cause different recourse.  You can also check the National Student Loan Database if you are unsure if the collection is because of a student federal student loan.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 3 of 4
wilkersonk
Established Member

I am dealing with this EXACT same scenario right now. My school never contacted me about me owing $1500 from my last semester as a grant dropped off unbeknownst to me. Fast forward 3 years later, it's on my credit report. I do not have much experience with these people yet other than sending a TX DV letter and getting a half response of what is required by our finance code. Since they never actually validated the debt by TX standards, I've turned it over to the BBB, our AG, and the CFPB. It is reporting on two CRA's currently and has wiped those scores out about 50-75 points. TransUnion has already denied my request for deletion with all this information and I am waiting on Experian. My next avenue is to ask for a PFD and if that does not work then I plan on suing them. I have a project in St Louis where they are located and can visit any time. Let me know if you have any success!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.