cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient 120 day late

tag
Shay1711

Navient 120 day late

hi, my navient lian was to be in non repayment during the Covid May 2020 time.  

Navient marked my loan late, what is the best way to go about removing this mark?  Also, my default was removed.thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Navient 120 day late

Student loans were supposed to be in "forebearance" during COVID.

I'm not sure about this----but I'm wondering if you had to apply for this "forebearance" yourself, rather than it happening automatically.

You would have to call Navient about this.  Perhaps you could ask them to delete the lates owing to COVID?   Talk about the financial hardship you went through.  You might find someone who is sympathetic, and would delete the lates.

Make sure your student loan doesn't go into default.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

Also, what kind of loan was it?  Some of the FFELs and other loans weren't part of the initial forebearance/pause state, which may have been a factor.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 7
Shay1711

It was a school loan, 18 years old.  I would think it should not be there considering Biden just pulled them back. Hmm I have to call

Message 4 of 7
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

@Shay1711 I have loans with Navient and they never stopped being in repayment, however my federal student loans were the ones that went into forbearance. If it's a private loan you have with Navient and not a gov student loan  then it was never in forebearance if your going by the government forebearances. Definitely give Navient a call. 

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
Shay1711

Ok thank you 

Message 6 of 7
teekay629
New Contributor

@PlatinumCredit wrote:

@Shay1711 I have loans with Navient and they never stopped being in repayment, however my federal student loans were the ones that went into forbearance. If it's a private loan you have with Navient and not a gov student loan  then it was never in forebearance if your going by the government forebearances. Definitely give Navient a call. 

This is me too. I had loans that were sold to Navient and I opened them in school (never specifically took out a private loan). During the pause, I had to pay Navient while not paying FedLoan. I even asked Navient and they confirmed. Then when I consolidated the loans from Navient to FedLoan for PSLF, I did not pay that either under the pause.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.